Saturday, March 14, 2015

WHEN LOVE GOES WRONG........JUSTIN SPEAKS

Hello LHD readers,
There are two sides to every love story. Last month Janet shared her sad love story with us(click here if you missed it) and we promised to get the other side of the story before we can offer our advice well....We finally got a hold of Justin and he was gracious enough to share his side of the story with us. Read his story below.



I believe in Love and the ability to show love to the people around me. I took notice of Janet a few months after school resumed in March. I was in my 400 level 1st semester when we met. At first, I didn’t think that there was anything special about her, but after we exchanged phone numbers and began communicating via Whatsapp, I discovered she was a gentle, loving and easy to please person. She laughed a lot, she was always happy especially when I did her favours. After a while, I decided to ask her to be my girlfriend; at that point with a smile, she accepted.
\
Getting into a relationship got us closer; my friends knew her and she knew all my friends. We also began to know a lot of things about each other. She told me how her ex-boyfriend used to hit her and, I also told her I used to have lots of girlfriends and that I still have some of them as friends. All I wanted to do was focus on my academics.

Janet knew I have more female friends than male friends and I thought she was cool with it. I help some of them out with school work and naturally care for them. I get along better with girls than with guys. I believe I am one of the best students in my department so other students come to me for help including girls.

After a while, I noticed a change in Janet’s attitude. She was always checking my phone and reading my chats. She began asking lots of questions about every girl she found around me which sometimes pissed me off. So many times, this caused an argument between us. She also developed a habit of giving me what I call ‘long speeches’ on how the other girls’ aim was to destroy our relationship, looking for something negative to say about them.

I got tired of her nagging and her demanding attitude that I began to lie to her. I tried talking to my guy friends but all they did was tease me; so, I found comfort in the arms of my other female friends that were less demanding. I continued to lie to Janet about my whereabouts. She noticed and began paying surprise visits to my place. On one of such occasion, she found me in bed with one of her classmates. She got angry and I didn’t waste time apologizing to her. I did everything to make her happy and in no time, she forgave me and our relationship continued.

Her wanting-to-know-all attitude got worse. She began to insist on following me wherever I went, I practically had no breathing space and I began to loose interest in her gradually because she was now more of a pain in the neck.
One night, she called to tell me she would be going to sleep over at a friend’s place because she had malaria and needed care. I wished her a good night and promised to check on her the following morning. I was home trying to help a female classmate of mine with a tedious school assignment that dragged on into late night. Because it was too late for her to go home, I advised her to spend the night at my place. At about 11:35 pm, I heard a knock on my door and to my utmost amazement, it was Janet. She came in and found the girl fast asleep. Janet lost control of her emotions; she hit me, called me a coward and ran out of the house into the full moon light outside. I ran after her and immediately grabbed her arm. She wept and kept saying, ‘But Justin I love you, why are you doing this to me?’ At that moment, I got confused about what love really meant.

I felt since things were not going to change any time soon, I should just let her be and so because I didn’t want to hurt her because I knew she loves me, I asked her to see other guys maybe she would release her tight grip on me.

I see nothing wrong with the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment