Monday, May 4, 2015

FORGIVE ME



Forgive me for letting my world revolve around you,
For thinking you were different and you would understand.
Forgive me for not seeing you in your true light,
For choosing to believe the outrage of your acts over the whispers of my heart.


Forgive me for dreaming my tomorrow with you firmly in it,
For hoping that the world I see will be a reality for you and me.
Forgive me for wanting to change the world for you,
For willing to go through every battle and war with you.

Forgive me for taking you at your word,
And believing every lie,
For accepting your rainbow of colours,
When all I could see was black and white.

Forgive me for putting you on a pedestal, a place no other man could touch,
And for believing in our tender moments and your soft touch .
Forgive me for believing in the simplicity of your heart,
For accepting your every flaw and knick knacks.

Forgive me for taking this long to see,
Just how very wrong you are for me.
For hoping for a miracle, 
Anything to keep you with me.
Forgive me for holding your dreams in my prayers,
And for delighting in those little glances of reassurance.

Forgive me if I choose not to stay,
To not dwell on the hurts that you have caused.
But I pray thee if you cannot forgive anything else,
Please forgive my heart, for it has strayed
Back to where it should have been…away from you



A poem by:
Love Happens Diary

No comments:

Post a Comment